CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation
"Keeping more than hope alive"
We are not Government funded, and provide direct practical help to children with cancer, from diagnosis onwards, recognising the inevitable disruption to family life when a child faces vigorous and often lengthy treatment.
Public donations enable the vital work of the CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation, to assist children with cancer and their families, to continue.
Diagnosis can seriously affect families in many ways and our fund raising must be sustained to ensure we can deliver the highest quality support and care to our families.
Money comes from a number of sources - private benefactors, corporate sponsors, community organisations, and you the general public!
We also encourage you to spread the word about our work for these extremely ill children.
It is the public's willingness to subscribe to our efforts that has enabled important progress to be made.
80% of all funds raised are applied to directly benefit the children and their families, and also those involved in the treatment of these most serious illnesses.
Your support is needed to help fund our many projects.
Some of our current projects include:
· The sponsorship of the three Pietermaritzburg Division rooms at the CHOC Block at an annual cost in the region of R26,856.00.
· Our Warning Signs project, which aims to raise the public's awareness of the early signs of cancer in children.
· Our Parent Information Pack, which provides useful and practical information to parents of newly diagnosed children.
· Our Volunteer programme, which provides practical support to the families.
· Our Parent information support group sessions, which include practical talks and tips by invited speakers. This forum allows parents to meet other parents going through similar experiences.
· Our Transport Fund. This fund provides out-of-town families support in the form of limited funds to get the affected child and one caregiver to the nearest treatment centre.
We need your help
Should you wish to make a donation, please contact our office or alternatively you can deposit any amount directly into our bank account. Our Banking and Contact details are listed on the right hand side of this page.
Please fax a copy of your deposit slip and contact details to us so that we can thank you personally for your kind donation!
· CHOC Block
· Parent Support
· Cancer Types
· Useful Links
· Wish List
NPO Number: 001-338 NPO